200-HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN RISHIKESH
Become a certified yoga teacher
Agni Yoga is at the forefront when it comes to 200-hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh. Our 200-hour teacher training program is designed to instruct yoga to anyone who aspires to become a yoga teacher. This course is delivered by our highly qualified instructors with extensive teaching experience.
With our 200-hour yoga teacher training course, we try to bring out the best version of you, make you realise your strengths and show you what you are capable of.
Spanning over 24 days, this course is a mix of various styles and forms of yoga. It will help you become a Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher and empower you to teach yoga all around the world with a certificate from our recognised yoga teacher training course.
If you have a strong desire to learn more about yoga, its practices and philosophy, then this course is meant for you. This teacher training course will provide you with a thorough understanding of yoga, regardless of whether you are new to yoga, you are a yoga practitioner or a teacher who wants to learn more or advance your knowledge.
26 DAYS / 25 NIGHTS ACCOMMODATION
(HOT WATER / Wi-Fi)
3 DELICIOUS VEGAN / VEGETARIAN
MEALS (BUFFET STYLE)
KNOWLEDGE FROM EXPERIENCED
TEAM OF TEACHERS
- You have been practising yoga intensively and continuously, and want to move to the next level.
- You want to deepen your knowledge of yoga and increase your knowledge beyond asanas.
- You want to go explore and go deeper in your practice of asanas, meditation and self-awareness.
- You want to learn how to find and maintain the spiritual balance between body, mind and soul.
- You are looking for a safe and well-maintained yoga institute that provides a friendly yet challenging environment to learn and grow.
- You have a strong desire to spread your knowledge of yoga with others through the medium of teaching.
200-Hour Yoga TTC in Rishikesh
Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga was founded by K. Pattabhi Jois during the twentieth century. He gained his knowledge from his Guru Shri Tirumalai Krishnamacharya. This style of asana is dynamic and requires the synchronisation of breath. This synchronisation done in a flow is known as a vinyasa.
The primary series of Ashtanga vinyasa yoga is a precise sequence of postures linked with vinyasa sequences. The series consists of 75 yoga poses that take about 90 minutes to finish (approximately). It begins with Sun salutations A and B and moves towards standing postures, sitting posters, inversions, and backbends before relaxation. The entire series is designed to realign the spine, detoxify the body, and build strength, flexibility and stamina.
Traditional Hatha Yoga
Hatha Yoga seeks to unite mind, body and spirit through five elements –
Asana (postures), Pranayama (yogic breathing), Mudra (body gestures), Bandha (energy locks) & Shatkarma (inner cleansing).
These body-centred practices under Hatha yoga not only strengthen and cleanse the physical body, but they also cultivate prana (life-force energy) and invoke kundalini (dormant spiritual energy).
While practising Hatha Yoga, you will also have the chance to learn about Yin and restorative yoga as part of our 200-hour Yoga TTC. You will be taught Basic and intermediate-level Hatha Yoga. Spanning over 25 days, this TTC will enhance your experience and knowledge of other yoga practices and traditions as well.
Syllabus for 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course
INNER CLEANSING PROCESS
- Introduction of shatkarma
- Importance of cleansing for a yogic lifestyle
- Jal neti
- Sutra neti
- Eye cleaning (eyes cups)
- Shankh Prakhshalan
YOGIC BREATHING PRACTICES
- Introduction to pranayama
- Yogic breathing technics for increasing awareness
- Benefits of pranayama
- Different Pranayama and general guidelines
- Nadi Sodhana
- Surya Bhedi and Chandra Bhedi pranayama
- Sheetali and Sheetkari
- Ujjayi pranayama
- Introduction to meditation and concentration
- Breath awareness
- Tips for developing concentration
- Bahir and Antar trataka
- Dynamic meditation (osho meditation)
- Japa meditation
- Antarmouna (silence practice)
- Chakra meditation
- Third eye meditation
- Mantra meditation
- Yoga nidra
- Inner visualization
- Manta Chanting
FUNDAMENTALS OF YOGA
- Introduction to yoga sutras of patanjali
- Importance of discipline in path of yoga
- Definition of yoga
- Vrittis (mental fluctuations) and their classification
- Obstacles and distractions on the path of yoga (concepts of citta-viksepa and antaraya)
- Ashtanga yoga – Yama , Niyama, Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyan, Samadhi
- Introduction to chakras and its functions
- Lives of yogis (Inspiring stories)
- Karma and its types
Bandhas & Mudras
ENERGY LOCKS & BODY GESTURES
- Introduction of Bandha & Mudras
- Uddiyana bandha
- Jalandhar bandha
- Mula bandha
- Maha bandha
- Jnana and chin mudra
- Yoni mudra
- Bhairava mudra
- Shambhavi mudra
- Nasikagra mudra
- Prana mudra
- Maha mudra
- Maha vedha mudra
- Different mudras for better health
- Mudra for concentration
- Common mudras for daily use
STUDY OF THE HUMAN BODY
- Skeletal system
- Muscular system
- Body system
- Muscle functions according to joint movements
- Respiratory system
- Endocrine system
- Circulatory system
- Nervous system
- Digestive system
- Physiological benefits of asana
- Anatomy of spine
- Hip anatomy
- Knee anatomy
LEARNING HOW TO TEACH
- Positive & conscious communication
- Friendship and trust
- Time management
- Qualities of a teacher
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correction
- Use of voice in class
- Mental & emotional preparation for teaching
- Step-by-step class structure planning.
Evaluation based on
YOGA ALLIANCE CERTIFICATION
- Practical Exam of asana classes
- Written test
Sample Daily Schedule
06:00 – 07:30 AM Hatha Yoga
07:45 – 08:45 AM Shatkarma & Pranayama
09:00 – 09:45 AM Breakfast
10:00 – 11:00 AM Yoga Philosophy
11:00 – 12:00 PM Body Anatomy
12:00 – 01:00 PM Asana Alignment
01:00 – 01:45 PM Lunch
01:45 – 04:15 PM Self Study / Free time
04:15 – 05:45 PM Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
06:00 – 07:00 PM Meditation
07:00 – 07:45 PM Dinner
10:00 PM Lights off
(Fire Ceremony at the Ganges)
( Double Occupancy )
2 Separate Beds in a Room
Attached Bath and Toilet
Non – A/c
( Single Occupancy )
1 Double Bed in a Room
Attached Bath and Toilet
Non – A/c
Course dates For 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
|Course Dates||Seat Availability||Course Fee 20% OFF|
|2nd - 25th November 2023||Ongoing||USD 1099|
|2nd - 25th December 2023||Almost Full||USD 1099|
|2nd - 25th January 2024||Available||USD 1099|
|2nd - 25th February 2024||Available||
|2nd - 25th March 2024||Available|
|2nd - 25th April 2024||Available|
|2nd - 25th May 2024||Available|
|2nd - 25th June 2024||Available|
|2nd - 25th July 2024||Available|
You can make a deposit $400 to book your spot. We accept payments via Bank Transfer, Wise or Paypal.
You’ll be getting an official confirmation letter from our side once we successfully receive your booking amount.
Arrival & Departure
The arrival time for our retreat program is anytime between 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM on the same date the retreat begins.
The departure takes place on the last day of the retreat at 11:00 AM post breakfast.
Deepen Your Knowledge - Yoga for Beginners
By attending our Agni Yoga 200-hour Ashtanga Hatha Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh you will:
- Learn how to teach and practice a broad range of asanas and mudras.
- Learn the appropriate and correct alignments for each posture.
- Explore the modifications and variations of the most common asanas.
- Understand the basic concepts of yoga anatomy and how the body works.
- Experience and practice different types of pranayama and breathing techniques.
- Explore various ways to meditate and get to know about different types of mantra chantings
The Art of Teaching
Our 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training course will help you to deepen your knowledge of yoga and gain confidence in teaching the same. Our Yoga Teacher Training program is a practical training course designed to help you become an effective Yoga teacher for all levels of students.
By the end of the course, you will be able to create asana flow sequences on your own and will be able to teach confidently.
Since we offer you a practical approach, there will be lots of opportunities for you to teach. During the course, our teachers will encourage you by making you begin the class sometimes with mantras and prayers, and by the end of the course, you will be ready to teach the entire group. You will receive feedback from your teachers and your classmates as well, to help you to improve and to find your unique voice and style as a teacher.
Who is qualified to apply for the program?
Anyone can enrol, with or without prior yoga knowledge and experience. After the completion of the course, you will be qualified to teach anywhere in the world and not just in India. The minimum age to enrol in this course is 18 years.
After the successful completion of the course, you will receive Yoga Alliance International accreditation which will allow you to teach all around the globe.