Yoga first emerged in India about 5,000 years ago and since then it has not only been practiced in India but has been an important part of the lifestyle. In modern times, with the popularity of western techniques of fitness, yoga also evolved into a medium of keeping our bodies fit.
Every year thousands of people from all over the world come to India to learn yoga either for themselves or for starting their professional practice. India has several locations that have some of the best yoga schools. In Rishikesh, India, you will find yoga schools that are situated on the foothills amongst the greenest hills and cleanest air.
Yoga is being taught all over the world but we will give you reasons why India should be your first choice for taking a yoga teacher training course.
5 Reasons Why You Should Learn Yoga in India
1. Learn most authentic non-westernised yoga philosophy and teachings
Yoga’s earliest origins can be found in India. You will therefore genuinely learn about yoga from the source when you travel to India. The Vedas, early Indian philosophical writings, were the first to teach yoga, followed by the ancient scriptures like the Upanishads and the Bhagavad Gita. Later, longer explanations were documented in Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. Contrarily, yoga was only brought to the West roughly 200 years ago.
2. Deep understanding of yogic lifestyle
Living a yogic lifestyle is possible if you pursue and complete a yoga teacher training program in India where you can learn and practise yoga in the ideal environment. A yoga ashram is the ideal setting for yoga instruction. Everyone at the yoga ashram is there to learn and study yoga, so there are no outside distractions. The entire daily schedule is designed on studying and using the yoga principles.
3. Learn in the right environment of an ashram
You will most likely spend at least a month living in an ashram if you decide to do your yoga teacher training in India. Living in an ashram is a magical experience that will enable you to focus more on your training. A residential school, or ashram, is a facility where learning is the only purpose. It lacks superfluous indulgences and is consequently straightforward and minimalist. Living in an ashram also entails adhering to a set schedule and strict regimen centred on the yogic way of life. Agni Yoga India is one of the best yoga schools in Rishikesh India.
4. Reach your goals with discipline ad structure
India is renowned for its rigorous and performance-based educational system. Therefore, discipline and organisation are crucial components of a yoga teacher training program at an Indian ashram. You may fully concentrate on your learning process thanks to the structured curriculum at an ashram. Since you spend most of your time away from home and without internet access, there aren’t many distractions.
5. Learn from the best at a budget-friendly cost
The cost of a yoga teacher training course in India may be another factor to consider. A yoga teacher’s education always requires a sizable financial commitment. However, because living and lodging expenses are comparatively much lower in India, the overall cost will be less. Some courses include everything, while others call for separate reservations for lodging and meals. However, you can complete your teacher training in India for less money than in the West—even after adding the fees of your trip and visa!
Learn Yoga at Agni Yoga India
Authentic Hatha Yoga and Ashtanga Yoga are taught at the Agni Yoga Ashram in Rishikesh India. The teacher training courses at Agni Yoga India are designed for both novice and experienced yoga practitioners. The ashram offers a perfect setting to practice, study, and learn about yoga’s philosophy and history. Check our schedule for the upcoming Yoga TTC in Rishikesh India.
Get in Touch:
- Yoga Poses for Weight Loss: The Top 10 Advantages
- Yoga for Diabetes. How Stress Causes Diabetes.
- 5 Yoga Poses that give you relief from back pain
- 10 Benefits of daily yoga practice
- Why choose yoga as a career?
- Yoga Teacher Training vs Yoga Retreat. What should you choose?
- Methods to boost Endurance during Aerobic and Anaerobic Exercises.
- Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh India
- Why Join Agni Yoga India for Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh India?
- 500 Hour Yoga TTC in Rishikesh
- How to Dress Correctly for a Great Yoga Session? A Beginners Yoga Outfit Guide
- 15 Standing Yoga Poses That Will Build Full-Body Strength & Balance
- What is Ashtanga Yoga and Its Primary Series, Intermediate Series and Advanced Series?
- What is philosophy?
- What is Pranayama and Its Benefits? Types and Techniques for Beginners
- Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh
- Yoga Teacher Training Rishikesh India
- 7 Best tips to start Meditation
- How Yoga can help to lose weight? 5 Best yoga asana to do every day at home
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Learn Yoga in India